Bringing Justice For The Injured And Others Harmed By Contaminated Land And Water
Salim-Beasley, LLC, has built a name for itself by delivering results for people harmed through the negligence of others. Most of our cases pursue compensation for people injured in accidents or through the use of defective products.
We also litigate on behalf of people injured by environmental hazards. We bring claims and lawsuits for individuals, as well as class action lawsuits, when evidence shows a direct cause and effect between environmental wrongdoings and resulting injuries and illnesses such as:
- Respiratory ailments
- Cancer of various kinds, including leukemia
- Birth defects
- Nervous system disorders
- Skin conditions
- Kidney and liver damage
- Fatigue. nausea and headaches
It often takes people years to get accurate diagnoses and for investigators to identify contaminants as likely causes of such maladies. If you and your health care professionals suspect that environmental factors such as those listed above are to blame, consult with an experienced plaintiff’s attorney at our firm. We can accelerate the process of discovering links between your suffering and contaminated land, air or water near your home or place of work in or around Natchitoches in central Louisiana.
Uncovering Environmental Wrongdoings
Once we learn who or what caused your injury or illness, we are ready to hold the responsible parties accountable for negligence, including:
- Noncompliance with local, state or federal regulations governing land use and hazardous materials management
- Failure to follow usage restrictions as spelled out in permits and zoning rules
- Mismanagement of structures and activities on contaminated land or in buildings with mold, radon and similar environmental hazards
- Failure to clean up known hazardous ground or water contaminants
- Failure to test for, mitigate for or declare the presence of soil and groundwater contaminants
- Failure to exercise due diligence when selling, buying or operating a business at a contaminated location
- Failure to detect and mitigate soil vapor and groundwater contamination leaking from adjacent properties
- Failure to detect and remove underground storage tanks (USTs) containing dangerous substances such as fuel additives, acids, ammonia, arsenic and others from among the 1,200 known contaminants of concern (COCs) on properties that previously held gasoline stations, dry cleaners and other hazardous operations
These or other types of negligence may have exposed you or your children to environmental hazards.