Robert L. Salim
- Founding Partner, 1990
Born in Natchitoches, Louisiana, Robert attended Northwestern State University (NSU) in Natchitoches from 1969 to 1972 and obtained a Bachelor of Science in both Political Science and History. He was a member of the Dean's List and the tennis team during his time at NSU. After graduation, he attended Loyola Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana, from 1973 - 1976. Robert graduated on January 15, 1976 and was admitted to the LA State Bar in April 1976. While in law school, he clerked for Dodd & Barker and Donald G. Kelly.
Robert is admitted to practice before all courts, State and Federal, in Louisiana as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit. He is a member of the Natchitoches Parish Bar Association, Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, Immaculate Conception Church, and a former member of Board of Governors of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Since 2007, he has been selected as one of the 100 Top Trial Lawyers as determined by The American Trial Lawyers Association. Robert is a founding member of The Class Action Trial Lawyers Association.
His hobbies include working with area youth. Natchitoches Dixie Youth Baseball (President 1996 - 1999, Director 1990 - 2000), Founder of Natchitoches American Legion Baseball (2000 - present), and Special Olympics (1976 - 1982) are three youth groups Robert has been involved with over the years. He has three children: Tony, a coach in South Louisiana, Chris, a sports broadcaster, and Jennifer, an attorney in Dallas.
Robert was a Senior Partner of KELLY & SALIM law firm from 1976 to 1990, with its main office located in Natchitoches, Louisiana. He is experienced in the field of toxic tort, personal injury, negligence, product liability, environmental law litigation, class action litigation, mass torts, aviation law, trials, personal injury, worker's compensation, probate, wrongful death actions, as well as general civil practice in all State and Federal Courts. In 1990, Robert formed ROBERT L. SALIM, APLC and continued to practice personal injury, product liability, and mass torts.
In 2012, Robert joined with Barrett Beasley to form Salim-Beasley, LLC. He is involved in numerous mass torts and has been appointed to the PSC in both Plavix and Transvaginal Mesh MDLs. Robert has represented attorney generals from around the United States in various consumer fraud cases. He has represented California, Louisiana, Mississippi and Hawaii. He ventures with firms in states all over the country, including Illinois, New York, Florida, Texas, California and many others to provide the strongest representation possible to successfully litigate against pharmaceutical giants.
Robert was recently named to America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Mass Torts
- Louisiana, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 01/1976
- Northwestern State University
- B.S. - 1972
- Honors: Dean's List, Member
- Honors: Tennis Team, Member
- Major: Political Science
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- 100 Top Trial Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Natchitoches Parish Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Board of Governors of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Former Member
- Class Action Trial Lawyers Association, Founding Member
Past Employment Positions
- Dodd & Barker, Clerk
- Donald G. Kelly, Clerk
- Kelly & Salim Law Firm, Senior Partner, 1976 to 1990
Pro Bono Activities
- Immaculate Conception Church, Member
- Natchitoches Dixie Youth Baseball, President, 1996 to 1999
- Natchitoches Dixie Youth Baseball, Director, 1990 to 2000
- Natchitoches American Legion Baseball, Founder, 2000 to Present
- Special Olympics, 1976 to 1982