Lisa Causey-Streete was born and raised in Natchitoches, Louisiana, where she now practices with Salim-Beasley, LLC. Lisa has substantial experience in mass tort pharmaceutical and medical device products liability litigation. She is an active member of the bar in Louisiana and Texas, and has focused almost exclusively on mass tort pharmaceutical and medical device products liability litigation since joining Salim-Beasley, LLC in March 2012. The first ten years of Lisa's practice was spent as a defense attorney at prestigious firms in Houston, Texas and Beaumont, Texas involving medical malpractice, products liability, and a wide array of other personal injury cases. Uniquely, Lisa obtained her masters in health law in 2009 from the University of Houston's Health Law & Policy Institute in addition to her juris doctorate from South Texas College of Law in Houston in 2002, and bachelor of arts from Baylor University. Lisa is admitted to all United States District Courts in Texas and Louisiana as well as the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
On April 10, 2017, Lisa was appointed to the Plaintiffs' Executive Committee in In Re: Eliquis (Apixaban) Products Liability Action, MDL 2754, pending in the Southern District of New York before Judge Denise Cote.
Currently, Lisa serves as the lead attorney handling the following cases for Salim-Beasley:
- Transvaginal Mesh
Lisa also handles many of Salim-Beasley other personal injury cases arising from medical malpractice, car wrecks, and other catastrophic personal injuries.
Lisa is married to Jon B. Streete originally from Lake Charles, Louisiana. They were blessed with twins in March 2014: Jon Barton Streete and Jolie Kathern Streete. Lisa is a member of the First United Methodist Church in Natchitoches, Service League of Natchitoches, and is a board member for the Cane River's Children's home.
Areas Of Practice
- Mass Tort
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device
- Products Liability Litigation
- Personal Injury
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2002
- University of Houston College of Law, Houston, Texas
- LL.M., Master of Laws - 2009
- Baylor University
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: English Literature and Speech Communications
- Appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In Re: Eliquis (Apixaban) Products Liability Action, MDL 2754, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana, Member
- Texas, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- First United Methodist Church, Member
- Service League of Natchitoches, Member
- Cane River’s Children’s Home, Board Member