When a person is injured in an accident, their injuries may range in severity from minor to serious or catastrophic. Catastrophic injuries are life-altering afflictions resulting in lasting disabilities, even under extensive medical care and therapy.
Because such problems may prevent life from returning to the way it was before the accident, our attorneys passionately advocate for people who have suffered catastrophic injuries. Tactics may include standing up to insurance providers or filing lawsuits against a liable parties.
Common Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries may include:
- Injuries to the neck or spine that cause paralysis or extensive pain
- Injuries to the head or brain (a traumatic brain injury or TBI)
- Severe burns, which may disfigure the victim and leave them physically and emotionally scarred
- Loss of limbs (amputation)
- Loss of sight, hearing or speech
- Extensive nerve damage, causing loss of control of limbs or internal organs
- Wrongful death litigation
Catastrophic injuries change the lives of the injury victim as well as families members. The injured person, who must now rely on others for care, comfort and support often endures extensive emotional, physical and financial losses.
Your Rights As A Sufferer Of A Catastrophic Injury
Salim-Beasley, LLC understands the devastating effects that a catastrophic injury can have on an individual and a family. Following a catastrophic injury, lifestyles must adjust to the medical needs of the injured person. Families may struggle to cover the costs of long-term care.
Mounting medical expenses, the loss of financial support previously to the family by the injured person and the emotional strain on all parties involved can overwhelm any individual or family. While we cannot relieve pain and personal losses, we can help alleviate some of the legal and financial burden by helping the injured pursue compensation from negligent and liable parties.